Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting it Done and SECRET NUMBER 1

It is the third Tuesday of the month. So what! you say.
This means that when I look at my housework routine I have to vacuum the bedrooms.
Here they are - 3 bedrooms, the toilet and bathroom and laundry. I put the stop watch on and it took me 12 minutes.






What else is on the list?

Dust the two venetian blinds in the lounge room. They are a bit of an aerobic workout cause I have to climb on the big desk for one window. 5 minutes and 35 secs.


Now I have to clean the sliding door and the window that face the pool. You can see them in the picture.
13 minutes and 15 secs and that included about 1 minute to walk into the kitchen to get the paper towel and spray then put it away at the end.





This door and window have been cleaned quite a few times now. This is the dirt from the inside of the door.
And that is the house cleaning for the day.

While my oatmeal cooked for breakfast I stacked what I could in the dishwasher and washed up the cutlery that I refuse to put in the dishwasher. While my oatmeal cooled in the bowl I put the clothes and hand towels in the washing machine and got it started because Tuesday is one of my washing days.
Today I have done a load of clothes and a load of bath towels. About 10 minutes each.

Vacuuming 12 minutes
Dusting 5 minutes 35 secs
Window cleaning 13 minutes 15 secs

31 minutes plus 10 minutes dish washing and 20 minutes clothes washing.
A total of 1 hours work.

SECRET NUMBER 1
Divide your house into sections. Rooms, floors, windows, blinds. For example. my floor vacuuming is split into three sections - bedrooms every Tuesday, kitchen dining every Thursday and lounge every Saturday.
Assign each section to a day on the calendar month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?